“What the world is in particular need of today is the credible witness of people enlightened in mind and heart for the Word of the Lord, and capable of opening the hearts and minds of many to the desire for God and for true life, life without end.” (an excerpt from the Apostolic Letter Porta Fidei of Pope Benedict XVI)
This section of the Holy Cross website will offer some of the resources used in RCIA (the classes for adults who want to join the Catholic Church) for the benefit of all Holy Cross parishioners.
Check back periodically to learn more about the riches of the Catholic faith. Additional material will be posted to this page throughout the year.
Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church in a Year
Would you like to have a section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church emailed to you daily so you can read it in a year? Sign up at: http://www.flocknote.com/catechism
Study the Gospels in a Year
(w/ Ignatius Study Bible commentary) Sign up at: http://www.flocknote.com/gospel
Walking in Faith
- Waking Up Catholic – Subscribe (at no cost) to have daily Bible reflections sent to you by email. Written by a convert to the Catholic faith, this site offers daily reflections on our rich faith, and lots more. (read recent posts)
- Family Resources for the Year of Faith
- Well-known Catholic prayers
- Types of Prayer
- The Battle of Prayer
- The Blessed Virgin Mary
- Ignatius Press – Catholic books, magazines, movies, music and more.
- Life Teen Mission District – Provides a relaxing, Christ-focused, upscale neighborhood-centered place with Catholic books, gifts, music and gathering space for the Atlanta Catholic community.
- Magnificat.com – Spiritual guides to help you develop your prayer life, grow in your spiritual life, find a way to a more profound love for Our Blessed Savior and participate in the holy Mass with greater fervor.
- Monastery of the Holy Spirit (Abbey Gift Shop) – The Abbey Store offers a large selection of books, music, videos and other religious items related to the monks’ Spiritual ministry. The Abbey Store offers monk-made fruitcakes, fudge, biscotti and cookies, as well as examples of the Monastery’s stained glass, which now graces many churches throughout the country.
- A suggested reading list, as recommended by the RCIA team.
- And more…
Suggested Catholic Websites
Website of the Archdiocese of Atlanta
A Catholic support group of orthodox lay Catholics loyal to the Holy See and the Church’s Magisterium whose primary interest is Catholic apologetics and evangelization
A personal website published by a convert to Catholicism who has become a catechist
Website for Archdiocese of New York with Cardinal Dolan’s blog
Catholic Answers website. Apologetics and evangelization.
Papal Encyclicals, Church documents, Catholic Bible search engine, devotional services and much more
Web portal and Directory. Good Catholic resource.
Search “Site Reviews” to find ratings of “Catholic” websites with regards to fidelity to Catholic teaching.
Excellent Web portal. The columnists are some of the Church’s most well-respected authors.
Catholic Information Network. Great resource for Encyclicals and other Church documents.
Check out the “Faith Facts” on this site for answers to your questions about the Catholic faith.
Reviews of current and not-so-current movies.
Eternal Word Television Network. Excellent Catholic Q&A section.
Human Life International website. Pro-life and extremely informative — covering international “Life” news you wouldn’t otherwise hear about.
Purchase gifts, books, magazines and videos. Request their catalog.
Find out Mass times anywhere in the U.S. Great for planning a vacation. CAUTION: some questionable links!
Introduction to one of the nation’s premier Catholic weekly newspapers.
Great resource for Catholic documents including the Catholic Encyclopedia, The Church Fathers, Summa Theologica.
The purpose of this site and related resources is to serve you in your journey to and with God, to deepen your spiritual direction.
The Sacred Page is a blog written by three Catholic Ph.D.s who are professors of Scripture and Theology: Michael Barber, Brant Pitre and John Bergsma.
The Archdiocese of Washington website to share and identify resources on the HHS mandate.
St. Joseph Communications. Excellent books, tapes, CDs, videos. Solid Catholic theology with their products.
St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, site of Dr. Scott Hahn to promote biblical literacy for lay people.
Home page of St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Picayune, Miss. Resources include a fully searchable and cross-referenced online version of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, papers addressing specific apologetics issues, Bible studies, Church documents and a devotions section.
Website of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Online Bible and Catechism. Just published Catechism for the United States.
Official website of the Vatican.
Atlanta Young Adult Ministries website. Loaded with Catholic-based activities for the young adult community.
Rome-based News Service, offering coverage of events, documents and issues emanating from or concerning the Catholic Church.