The Prophets: Messengers of God’s Mercy
Tuesday Evening Adult Faith Formation
Sept. 5 – Nov. 14, 2017 (7:30 – 9:15 p.m.)
If we consider that God is the Divine Bridegroom and the Church is his Bride, then the prophets can be seen as “spiritual marriage counselors.” They call us to return to our covenant relationship with God. They urge us to repentance, warn us of the dangers of sin, and announce the blessings of faithfulness. Their prophetic words speak to us even today, as they draw us closer to our heavenly Bridegroom.
In The Prophets you will:
- Discover who the prophets were, what their message was, and why they are important to us.
- See how God is constantly calling you to a deeper relationship with him.
- Discover the areas in your life that prevent you from drawing closer to God.
- Understand how the central message of the prophets is one of love, proclaiming the mercy of God for his children.
- See how their powerful words speak to us today, shedding light on our faith and our lives.
- Discover the ways you are called to be the voice of God to others.
- … and much more
The cost is $25 if registered by August 20. Cost increases to $30 after August 20. Cost includes Study Guide. No refunds. Scholarship assistance is available.
Please contact: Teresa Vigil at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 805-1656
Additional materials you will need: A Bible (New American Bible or Revised Standard Version – Catholic Edition recommended) and The Catechism of the Catholic Church (both available online).
The study will run Tuesday evenings: September 5 through November 14.